Keeping Staff and Students Safe
(our 10 commandments for COVID)
1. Parents and staff affirm that they are performing daily health checks.
2. Children brought to school must be free of all symptoms and without an exposure to an infected individual in the past fourteen (14) days.
3. As an added precaution, all staff and children have temperature checks taken upon arrival each morning.
4. All staff and children will follow OCFS regulations of handwashing: upon arrival, after toileting, before and after eating, after blowing nose, after being outside, etc.
5. Staff and children will wear masks.
6. Entrance to the B’Yachad space is limited to current staff and children only. (Tours of our school are temporarily halted.)
7. During drop-off and pick-up, parents will remain at a distance, permitting their children to walk to or from a staff member who will be at the door
8. Programming will be in the outdoor play space as often as possible
9. When preparing and serving snack, staff will wear gloves and use tongs, and children will be spaced apart while eating.
10. The classroom and toys are disinfected daily according to OCFS regulations, using a bleach solution of 4 tsp bleach:1 quart water, mixed daily. No toys from home are permitted in school.
If, despite all precautions, an exposure occurs, family members will be notified, and the staff will follow COVID-19 exposure protocols.
OCFS regulations: https://ocfs.ny.gov/programs/childcare/regulations/418-2-SDCC.pdf
Rabbi Suzanne Brody, Gayle Alderman, and Kristin Whitaker
B’Yachad Teaching Faculty